Darien High School Class of 1987

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Chuck Terhune Remembers Mike

Oh, this is soo sad. Though I haven't seen or talked to him since graduation in '87, I loved the guy. I have a chipped front tooth. I chipped it when I was 4 at the YMCA pool, goofing around about something with Mike Plant.

I clearly remember he and I playing at my house when we we very little. We went to nursery school at the Presbyterian Church and I am dying to find the picture of our class because it contained so many of us form our high school class as well (obviously). I can also see his reddish hair and face and eyes, pretty much unchanged from age 4 to age 16. Always smiling, a fun, happy guy.

I lost touch with him in grade school as he was at Tokeneke and I was at Royle. But how cool was it that in high school we all reconnected again and became friends. I got to hang out with Mike again and goof around more as older kids.

Mike's one of those people I was looking forward to reconnecting with in June. I will drink a toast with anyone else to him and others who have passed away from our class, far too early, far too soon.

We are all still so young. But as Andy put it, life is short. Tomorrow is promised to no one, so live it to the fullest today. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

Namaste, Mike.

CRT

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home