Darien High School Class of 1987

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Eric Evans in Naples FL

After graduating from DHS I attended, and graduated from!, The University of Denver. Ted Chamberlin was there as well. I went on to the Walt Disney Company, first in Orlando and then on to France as a member of the EuroDisney Opening Team. Once back in the states, I spent some time with Universal Studios in Orlando which was a blast. In 1993, I joined the World Cup USA 1994 Ceremonies Team and helped to produce the 8 Opening Ceremonies in New York, Boston, Dallas, Detroit, Orlando, San Francisco, Washington DC and Los Angeles. We also produced all the half-time entertainment and Closing Ceremonies at the Rose Bowl.From there, I took some time off to travel via Land Rover to Northern Canada, Alaska and the Arctic, before starting with CBS Television in Dallas/Fort Worth. I spent 4 years there as a writer/producer for their news and marketing departments, before moving back to Florida in 1999. Currently, my father and I have a "growing" commercial landscape management company in Naples (as far south on the west coast as you can go) with roughly 50 employees and we are having fun working together. Hurricane Wilma screwed things up down here for a while, but we are all back on our feet and ready for another storm.In May of 2006 I married my now wife Tessa here in Naples and we are currently planning a family. She also owns her own business and, like me, she loves to travel -so we will be doing a lot of that! We honeymooned in Paris and Belgium (where she is from) and we are planning to visit Guatemala next month. Central America seems like a popular destination for DHS Grads. Tim Sampson has been several times recently and I know that Laura Munro has a project going on in Costa Rica. These days, when I'm not working, we spend a lot of time on the Gulf of Mexico boating and fishing or in the Everglades Land Rovering. I've only been back to Darien once since 1987. I was driving through in an antique Land Rover I picked up in Vermont in 2001 and stopped in at Dutchess!
Unfortunately, we will not be able to make the reunion, but I hope it is a great success! I have attached some photos from our wedding, a fishing pic and a pic of our Jack Russell - Harry 'The Merciless' helping me with fishing!
Cheers, Eric Evans
EvansNaples@Comcast.net

2 Comments:

  • At 9:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What ever happened to your sister, Jamie?

     
  • At 12:13 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    She lives outside of Chicago. She moved around alot continuing her education and trying out some exciting career opportunities. She is currently a teacher. Send me an email and I'll send her yours.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home