Darien High School Class of 1987

Monday, January 09, 2006

Joe Cooper Checks in from Needham

It was amazing to see the pictures on the website. I still picture everyone as they were the last days of high school. I am in Needham, MA which is all of 12 miles southeast of Boston as the crow flies. Alex Hoguet lives about 1/2 mile away and we play hockey together Monday nights.

I was at the dentist the other day and got talking with the doc and turns out the guy was a Tokeneke and DHS grad. I believe a year behind us perhaps. Martin Speilman ring any bells?

I married a wonderful woman who grew up in Rhode Island and and Riverside, CT. Her maiden name was Leslie Marshall, now Cooper. I have three kids. 2 girls (8 & 6), and a son who is 3.

The parents left Darien in the early 90's once my brothers were in college. They moved back to NYC where it all began. Penny Glassmeyer bought the place and redid the whole thing top to bottom.

My brothers were both in the Boston area for years. They went to college in Beantown and stuck around. Both married with kids of their own. Jim who is next in the pecking order lives north of Boston in Wenham. he has 3 girls ages 6-2. My youngest brother, Brendon, was here as well but relocated to Atlanta for a job with his wife and 2 kids, 3 year old son and 2 year old daughter. My older sister Grier is in San Rafael, married as well with a daughter, age 2.

So there you have it. My old man is trying to get a job in Germany. He is fluent and does business there numerous times a year, so he figures he should just move. He is remarried, my mother passed away in 1996.

Joe Cooper

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home