Darien High School Class of 1987

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Stephy Slowik checks in from Cary NC

Hello and Happy New Year! I have enjoyed the website/blogs and catching up on old friends. It's been awhile....like maybe 15+ years!! Yeah, we are definitely like fine wines...aged, but hopefully getting better by the year!

Here's my scoop...Ok, so I ventured South to Clemson University for undergrad and graduate school ( M.Ed. in Counseling). I couldn't have asked for a better deal. I raised a lot hell with all of those southerners and other damn yankees. And, had so much fun that I never left the South. I moved to Cary, NC and have lived there for the past 12 years. It's a great area....cool blend of the south and north (there are a lot of relocated northerners here). I initially worked as a counselor with adults...but shifted gears to work with the little ones...they are so much more fun, real, and uncomplicated!! I have been working as an elementary school counselor for the last 11 years, and have worked on and published some educational resources on the side. I love working with kids...they keep me young, full of life...and laughing!!

I am an avid sports fan, particularly ACC sports and my Clemson Tigers. Living in the triangle area of NC is great because I have so many colleges close by so I can catch a lot of games/events. They say you have to meet a lot of frogs before you find your prince. Well, I was about to get my own damn lily pad. But, good things come to those who wait and I am happy to say that I have met my prince and am finally taking the plunge and getting married in Charleston, SC in March.

I have had a large time and enjoyed the heck out of the ride to this point, but I am so ready for the next chapters. I have 1200 students that I see and work with every day, but I am ready to have one of my very own!! :)

I am a total slacker when it comes to keeping up with everyone. But perhaps this website will help me reconnect in the new year. I think of my Darien days and times often and fondly. I would love to hear from some old friends and hope to see some folks soon. Till then, all the very best in 2006!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home