Darien High School Class of 1987

Friday, January 19, 2007

Melissa Jones Ansbacher in Raleigh NC

Hey Everyone,

It was great to sit here and read the blog; I am saddened by the news
of Mike Plant's passing. I can only remember positive interactions w/him.

And yes, Tal and Steph Rouzee, I am still in Raleigh, NC. I moved here in '98 from Oakland, CA, w/my (then) new husband, David
Ansbacher. We are both educators -- he is a middle school principal and I (was) a high school social studies teacher. I am now the ringmaster of my own family circus of three -- Josephine Russell (6), Benjamin Douglas (3) and Nicholas Wyche (7 months). I have been tutoring part - time and am considering going back to grad school to get a degree in counseling once the kids are older.

Speaking of school counseling, I recently (well a few months ago) ran into Stephanie Slowik at BJ's here in Raleigh (sorry I can't remember your married name, Steph) and she looks as good as ever. I touch base occasionally w/Tallie Gray and Debbie Gardiner Reynolds, but wish I talked w/them more. Deb is in Southport w/her husband, Charlie, and two kids, Julia and Chase. And as you saw on the blog, Tallie is in Colorado w/her son, Bowen.

Other than that, I had a brief encounter w/our DHS "Bachelor" (and my prom date), Alex Michel '88, on a flight to San Francisco a few years ago. He was actually on his way out there to play in a celebrity tennis tournament. I also attended a wedding in October at which I spent time w/Kristin Stanley Johnson '88 and Craig Johnson '88 and their children, Janet and Charlie.

Don't run into too many Darien folks down here in Raleigh and I myself am not up in CT too much any more since my mom relocated to Raleigh and Florida after my dad's passing in '99. Nonetheless, I will try my best to get to the 20th reunion in June. Please keep me posted.

Be well and play hard, Melissa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home