Darien High School Class of 1987

Monday, July 02, 2007

Sean Harvey in San Diego

Hey it is Sean Harvey. Yes, you are probably thinking.. Hmm I remember that name. I know it has been literally decades. I thought I would provide an update, and a picture of my wife and I in Northern Brazil. Very cool to see everyone on the site. Unfortunately I can not make it back east for the reunion. I hope you are well.

I am living in San Diego with my wife Debora. I have been here since 1998. I love it here. After DHS and 4 years at Tufts I took a job at Sikorsky Aircraft in Stratford. I got my Masters Degree in engineering from Columbia. I then took a job in San Diego working for an engineering software company. I work as a consulting mechanical engineer and I perform Biomedical, Aerospace, and other types of engineering analysis/simulation. I am happily married to my wife who is from Brazil. I went back to UCSD for 3 semesters to learn Portuguese, and I love the language. I have spent a good deal of time in Brazil, and knowing the language helps a ton. In my free time I run and I snowboard in the Sierras.

I've done a bunch of biathlons and triathalons over the years. Now I just run and swim, and go to the gym a few days a week Not biking much. I was so lame in high school, not participating in athletics, but that changed in college. I roomed with an athlete and my life changed for the better. I think some people who were serious athletes in college burned out, and I was the opposite. It was all new to me.

Have fun at the reunion! Sorry I can not make it. Take care. My email is sean@seandebora.com.

Sean

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home