Darien High School Class of 1987

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Melissa Rainford Fennelly in Annapolis

Hi from Annapolis, MD. It is great to see everyone finding the website - I guess creeping up on 20 years is making us all remember.

Anyway, after graduation, I did a stint at UConn with quite a few other DHS grads. Julia Suffredini was in my sorority and Vishal M hung out with the guys across the hall during "junior" year, I think I even had some Mike Raleigh sightings as well. I stayed in the Hartford area for awhile after college and worked for Old Navy - opened most of the New England stores. Finally had enough of the retail career and followed my parents down to the Washington DC area. While I worked for a trade association on Capitol Hill, met my now husband, Russ, who is a Federal Law Enforcement guy (US Park Police).

We moved to Annapolis in Fall of 2001 and have lived here ever since. We have two beautiful kids (pic attached), Kendall, 4 in June, and Ryan, just 2 on 4/3 and three crazy dogs. I am now doing the mom thing and that is keeping me incredibly busy - I can relate to Lisa's "Mommy!" cries - but would not change it for the world. I do volunteer work and have done some consulting on new retail businesses to keep me in on the "grown up world" but am mostly just enjoying the kids while they are little.

Glad to see some rumblings about a reunion. Hope to make it up North soon. Last time I saw anything to do with Darien was years ago when we stopped in at Friendly's on the way up to Hartford.

Just an FYI, my brother Griff Rainford '88 is in Colorado Springs, CO with wife and two great kids (10 & 6) loving life as a Superintendant of a golf course. Sadly, more people knew him while we were at school as I was a nerd!

That is all - I hear the call of snack time!

Melissa Rainford Fennelly

1 Comments:

  • At 1:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Melissa!
    I've been looking for you for years! You disappeared! It is your old friend from Kenilworth, way back when. Please email me when you get a chance! I'd love to catch up.
    Catherine Hales
    Evanston
    halespearl@sbcglobal.net

     

Post a Comment

<< Home